With Halloween a week away, I started to stress about how we would make this holiday special for the kids. We are not comfortable doing our traditional drive to Kaimuki to Trick-or-Treat. So what do we do? How do we celebrate? I figured if I'm asking these questions, you must be too.
We crowd-sourced our IG friends to see what everyone else is doing. Here is what they had to say.
Halloween 2020 Ideas:
- Halloween egg hunt at home - @imchet
- Wait until Halloween to carve our pumpkin - @tiaralyn
- Make a haunted room at home for the kids to walk through with goodie bags - @tina_marie808
- Still dress up. Hide candy in the yard for older kids and use glow sticks to find treats at night - @cldavis808
- Stay inside, turn off the lights and watch TV and enjoy family time - @_midnight_creations_
- Dress up and pizza party with family - @jd_w023
- Repurposed toys/household items to create a Halloween carnival. Play games, win candy - @vu_julietran
- Halloween egg hunt in the dark with black light flashlights. Halloween themed food - @jayekayy
- Decorate cookies from @acakelife and watch Halloween movie - @purple_859
- Wear costumes at home, carve pumpkins, bake Halloween treats and watch Hocus Pocus - @imta808
- ‘Ohana camping - @lolaandelia808
If you have any ideas to share, please DM us on our IG page. We will add it to this list.